Valeo Training

Thursday, June 5, 2008

LAKE MACATAWA TRIATHLON - come 'n watch!

I'll be participating in the Lake Mac Triathlon on Saturday (June 7th) at Dunton Park. Brian Stauffer has once again headed up the RIDE OF THEIR LIVES event and we've got 7 people doing the Chariot Division - check out a fun picture video from my race from last year HERE!! :)

I'm bummed I won't be partnering with Kamrie again, but am excited to have another little special-needs girl who I'll be pulling in a kayak during the swim portion (1/2 mile), pulling in a nifty Trek trailor on the bike (22.8 miles) and pushing in the same trailor on the run (4.8 miles). My good friend, Elizabeth, will also be doing the whole race with me - I'm thankful to have her by my side!

Ultimate Fitness and Health is also sponsoring a Relay Team: "Ultimately For The Kids" - made up of my Roomie Tiffany (swim), Boyfriend Mike (bike) and Friend/Coworker Emma (run). They'll be with an adorable and vibrant lil' guy Logan - so fun!

The route begins at the Boat Launch and we'll be biking a turn-around route North --> South on Lakeshore Drive, then running through the neighborhood surrounding Dunton Park - the race begins at 7:30am with the swim in (chilly!) Lake Mac and I assume...ummm...HOPE I'll be finished at least by 10:30am-ish. :)

If you're in the area, feel free to stop by and check it out. I'd love to see you and will probably (ok...desperatly) need the encouragement and cheering faces!

I'm looking forward to a fun and beautiful morning - Look for an update with pictures on my Blog after the race! :)

4 comments:

amberWIRE said...

I love the pics! Miss you Jess! Lunch soon?

tim, brooke, teagan, and wyatt said...

Hey! I didn't know you were doing this again! I feel so out of it! Teagan and I will be your cheerleaders (Tim has to work Sat. morning)!!!

kimberly said...

Chad will be there, so I'll make sure he looks for you and cheers you on! Miss you!! I'm off for the summer, so if coffee ever works, let me know. Love ya!

Corrie and Phil said...

You're an inspiration, Yesser! I'm anxious to hear updates about the event. I hope it went well, and I can't wait to see the pictures! MISS YOU!!!