Valeo Training

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

OLYMPIC FEVER!

I'm officially addicted to the greatest games in the history of the world! Ok, that might be a little hyper-excited, but I am LOVING the Olympics this year. As someone who is involved in muscle development and performance training, I am in awe each time I see the athletes. The amount of strength, control and power in every ounce of their bodies is something to marvel at - my favorites have been SWIMMING (of course, Michael Phelps - wow!), GYMNASTICS (you think doing planks are difficult - try it in the air on unstable rings!), BEACH VOLLEYBALL (tough chicks), and something close to my heart, TRACK and FIELD (funny to think, with my best times, I'd only be about 3 seconds from a gold medal in the 100m race, 10 seconds from gold in the 400m and 14 seconds from gold in the 800m...Ok, that's a lot in Track & Field time, but still... fun to think about) :)

Check out this cool video describing the perfect blend of GENETICS and TRAINING that make Michael Phelps speedier than any other...

Another thing I love about the games is how much unity it seems to bring - at a home-level (I love sitting watching the games with my family and Mike and his family - it's been a lot of fun!) and globally. Pretty cool.

What's been your favorite part of the Olympics?

1 comment:

lee @ abookchick.com said...

jeff's partial to the diving as a former diver for holland christian and calvin; i love anything that will make me cry - like shawn johnson finally getting a gold medal. we're so far behind on our sleep i think i better read the entry titled R.E.S.T.

:-)

lee