Valeo Training

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

SHOULD [ burdens ] vs. COULD [ blessings ]

Next time you are overwhelmed with the SHOULDs in life: [ BURDENS ]
I should eat that...
I should go for a walk...
I should get more sleep...

Change your shoulds to COULDs... [ BLESSINGS ]
I could eat that...
I could go for a walk...
I could get more sleep...

Nobody wants to do what they should. The options are out there. You don't HAVE to do anything. We all have choices, each with different consequences. Think of how good you feel when you choose to do something wonderfully strong and healthy for yourself. Too many 'shoulds' just produce guilt...and guilt does nothing for motivation or better health.

Negativity never serves.

Be good to yourself today and allow yourself the option to choose.

(thanks for the words of wisdom, Lee!!)

3 comments:

BoxcatAV said...

Oh my goodness! That is AWESOME! I love it!

tim, brooke, teagan, and wyatt said...

Thanks for inspiring and encouraging me today with those words!

lee @ abookchick.com said...

well said! remind me to look at your blog when i fall back into old habits. i love that we can learn from each other.